Leading New Zealand IT distributor Soft Solutions announced it’s signed an agreement with Australian based IT distributor Bluechip Infotech.

Bluechip Infotech has acquired 60 percent of Soft Solutions. Ownership of the remaining 40 percent remains with Chris Fitzgerald, the existing owner.

“IT distribution is dynamic and fast-paced. Size matters, as does the ability to embrace market change and opportunity. The acquisition consolidates both companies into a more substantial group entity and accelerates growth. It offers vendors and channel partners unmatched value-added services and relationships. This spans a wide range of technology and market segments in Australia and New Zealand.”, said Johnson Hsiung, Managing Director of Bluechip.”

Chris Fitzgerald, Owner and Managing Director at Soft Solutions, said, “We have a history of bringing challenger solutions to the ICT reseller and MSP community in New Zealand. An increasing number of ICT vendors are looking for distributors who can provide coverage across Australia and New Zealand.

To maintain our strong position, Soft Solutions decided to join forces with Bluechip Infotech to expand.”

“The vision and synergies are considerable”, continued Johnson Hsiung, Managing Director of Bluechip Infotech.

“Both companies operate in different countries and have minimum vendor and customer overlap, so the opportunity to expand and accelerate growth is significant.

Nothing changes in terms of how Soft Solutions operates. Chris Fitzgerald will continue to run the company. It will be business as usual.”

We will be actively reviewing vendor relationships to look for opportunities to expand the existing representation into the other country while also continuing to solicit new vendors using the strength of the enlarged geography as an additional selling point.”


About Bluechip Infotech:

Bluechip Infotech was established in 2000, focuses on delivering the latest IT products to a broad channel base while maintaining a dedicated commitment to first-class service. With offices in Australia and New Zealand, we can back our commitment to service through localised support.

Bluechip Infotech